- Online Store
- Internet (Broadband)
- WiFi Calling - iOS
- Free MOLPoints
- WiFi Calling - Android
- Best IDD 1310
- CPA Service
- Combo Indonesia
- Data Roaming
- Data Backpack Promotion
- Domestic Roaming
- Google Play™
- Free Video + Music Streaming
- LTE 4G
- International Roaming
- Nano SIM
- Video Carrier Billing
- U Data Roam 10 and U Data Roam 36
- Events & Promotions
- General Enquiries
- Value Added Services
- U Card
- U Store
There are a few possible reasons:
- WiFi Calling checks for an adequate Wi-Fi signal strength before initiating the automatic connection to WiFi Calling. Move to an area where the signal strength is stronger.
- If the WiFi network has a captive portal (Eg. Starbucks which requires login), you may have to launch your browser and sign-on (providing username / password) to the network depending on the Wi-Fi provider's policy.
- For public WiFi networks, the provider may have policies in place that blocks WiFi Calling service.
Please try to repeat the steps to set up WiFi Calling. You may also try these steps if it still doesn’t work :
- Connect to a different WiFi network which has stronger signal. Do note that some “corporate networks” may block WiFi Calls (please see your network administrator for assistance)
- Turn WiFi Calling off and then on again
- Restart your phone
Yes, a valid and active U Mobile SIM card is required. If your line is barred, suspended or terminated, you will not be able to make a call. If you have a dual-SIM phone, please insert your U Mobile SIM into Slot 1.
All you need is a private or public WiFi network that is connected to the Internet. We do recommend either 802.11n or 802.11ac standards as they provide better data quality connection.
All U Mobile subscribers on postpaid and prepaid plans are eligible for WiFi Calling, as long as the rate plan supports “voice call”.
It is not available on “data only” plans (such as Postpaid MB plans).
No, you will not be charged for incoming calls while using WiFi Calling abroad.
Yes it does. Please update to the latest iOS firmware, and install the latest “carrier bundle” (goto Settings > General > About > install the bundle if prompted)
We support iPhone 5c, 5s, SE, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 7 and 7 Plus.
WiFi Calling lets you use your existing U Mobile number to make and receive calls using WiFi connection. Your WiFi hotspot effectively becomes a U Mobile network tower. You can also enjoy huge savings while overseas when calling Malaysian numbers at local call rate (no roaming surcharge).
Please follow these steps:
- If you are using iPhone 5c, 5s, SE, 6, 6 Plus, 6s, 6s Plus, 7 or 7 Plus, your are ready to experience WiFi Calling
- Insert U Mobile SIM into your iPhone
- Activate the service (send “wificalling on” via sms to 28118)
- Enable WiFi Calling on your phone (go to Settings > Phone > Wi-Fi Calling > toggle to ON)
- Connect to a WiFi network
- If WiFi Calling is available, you’ll see “U Mobile WiFi”. All calls will then be made using WiFi Calling