- Online Store
- Internet (Broadband)
- U Data Roam 10 and U Data Roam 36
- WiFi Calling - iOS
- Free MOLPoints
- WiFi Calling - Android
- Best IDD 1310
- CPA Service
- Combo Indonesia
- Data Roaming
- Data Backpack Promotion
- Domestic Roaming
- Google Play™
- Free Video + Music Streaming
- LTE 4G
- International Roaming
- Nano SIM
- Video Carrier Billing
- Events & Promotions
- General Enquiries
- Value Added Services
- U Card
- U Store
WiFi Calling - Android
WiFi Calling lets you use your existing U Mobile number to make and receive calls using WiFi connection. Your WiFi hotspot effectively becomes a U Mobile network tower. You can also enjoy huge savings while overseas when calling Malaysian numbers at local call rate (no roaming surcharge).
Please follow the following steps:
- If you are using a Samsung Galaxy S7 edge, your are ready to experience WiFi Calling
- Activate the service (send “wificalling on” via sms to 28118)
- Update your phone firmware (via Settings > About > Software Update)
- Enable WiFi Calling on your phone (go to Settings > Wi-Fi Calling > toggle to ON)
- Connect to a WiFi network
- If WiFi Calling is available, you’ll see the WiFi Calling indicator in the status bar. All calls will then be made using WiFi Calling
It is currently supported on Samsung Galaxy S7 edge.
We are adding other models & brands regularly. Do visit our website at u.com.my/wificalling for the latest information and updates.
This is dependent on the phone manufacturer’s implementation & policy. Some may not provide the firmware support to enable the service if the foreign device is used with Malaysian SIM card.
Please try to repeat the steps to set up WiFi Calling. You may also try these steps if it still doesn’t work :
- Connect to a different WiFi network which has stronger signal. Do note that some “corporate networks” may block WiFi Calls (please see your network administrator for assistance)
- Turn WiFi Calling off and then on again.
- Restart your Android smartphone.
There are a few reasons:
- WiFi Calling checks for an adequate Wi-Fi signal strength before initiating the automatic connection to WiFi Calling. Move to an area where the signal strength is stronger.
- If the WiFi network has a captive portal (Eg. Starbucks which requires login), you may have to launch your browser and sign-on (providing username / password) to the network depending on the Wi-Fi provider's policy.
- For public WiFi networks, the provider may have policies in place that blocks WiFi Calling service.
All U Mobile subscribers on postpaid and prepaid plans are eligible for WiFi Calling, as long as the rate plan supports “voice call”.
It is not available on “data only” plans (such as Postpaid MB plans).
All you need is a private or public WiFi network that is connected to the Internet. We do recommend either 802.11n or 802.11ac standards as they provide better data quality connection.
Yes, a valid and active U Mobile SIM card is required. If your line is barred, suspended or terminated, you will not be able to make a call. If you have a dual-SIM phone, please insert your U Mobile SIM into Slot 1.