- Online Store
- Internet (Broadband)
- WiFi Calling - iOS
- Free MOLPoints
- Best IDD 1310
- WiFi Calling - Android
- CPA Service
- Combo Indonesia
- Data Roaming
- Data Backpack Promotion
- Domestic Roaming
- Google Play™
- Free Video + Music Streaming
- LTE 4G
- International Roaming
- Nano SIM
- Video Carrier Billing
- U Data Roam 10 and U Data Roam 36
- Events & Promotions
- General Enquiries
- Value Added Services
- U Card
- U Store
In some very exceptional cases, for instance those involving cloned/duplicate IMEIs or under the instructions of law enforcement authorities; PCBS may choose not to block a mobile device even though it is reported as having been lost or stolen.
- Immediately report it to us to first block the SIM card and request for the mobile phone to be blocked.
- If a crime is involved, please make a police report without delay and ensure that the IMEI number is included in the police report.
Devices that can be blocked are ones that have a valid IMEI and were last used by the registered customer on a U Mobile network.
No, once blocked, a mobile phone will remain blocked until a legitimate unblock request is made.
Once blocked, the device will remain blocked until a legitimate unblock request is made.
- The PCBS uses the International Mobile Equipment Identity (IMEI) number of the mobile phone to block or unblock lost or stolen mobile phones.
- To block or unblock the mobile phone, you would need to make a request to us.
- Upon receiving the request to block or unblock, we take the necessary steps to initiate the blocking or unblocking process.
PCBS stands for Public Cellular Blocking Service, a Government initiative to enable blocking of mobile phones reported lost or stolen in Malaysia.
Such cases may happen due to a number of reasons.
- The IMEI number can be duplicated on more than one device. This happens with non-type approved mobile phone devices manufactured by small, non-mainstream manufacturers. However, the percentage of such cases worldwide is low in relation to the total number of mobile phone devices in existence.
- Another user may have registered it as belonging to him by accident.
- It is registered by a previous owner of a device that has since been sold off or given to somebody else.
SIM Blocking is a service to block the usage/charges to the mobile number, whereas Device Blocking (PCBS) blocks the device from connecting to the mobile networks even when a different U Mobile network SIM is inserted.
Only the registered owner of the device which is on a U Mobile network, prior to the device being lost/stolen, can request to block/unblock the device.