- Eligibility All active U Mobile customers with a compatible device can use WiFi Calling. Active means able to make and receive calls.
- To use WiFi Calling, please follow the steps stated on our website. These steps may vary depending on your device model, and may include the download and installation of a mobile app. Once the steps are completed and you are connected to a WiFi network, you may make a call over WiFi (WiFi Call).
- Usage of the mobile app (if any) is governed by separate terms and conditions of the app provider.
- WiFi Calls
- By default, any call you make will be made on our mobile network, unless you have enabled WiFi Calling and you have connected to an active WiFi network, in which case your call will be made on WiFi Calling.
- WiFi Calling enables you to make and receive calls even at locations where U Mobile has limited or no network coverage.
- WiFi Connection
- In order to continue with a WiFi Call, you need to stay connected to a WiFi network.
- Once you leave the WiFi network, your calls will be disconnected automatically. In this case you need to redial to make the WiFi Call once you are connected to a WiFi network again.
- The quality of the WiFi Call is dependent on the WiFi network that the call is made or received over.
- Call charges for WiFi Calling follow our standard U Mobile call rates. If your U Mobile plan is bundled with voice minutes, WiFi Calling will utilize those minutes. In the absence of bundled voice minutes, our pay-as-you-use charges apply. These charges are published on our website from time to time.
- Your WiFi Calls will be charged based on the following principles:
- if the party you called is in Malaysia and on a local network, your WiFi Call will be charged as a domestic call;
- if the party you called is also on U Mobile WiFi Calling, your WiFi Call will be charged as domestic call (regardless of the parties’ actual locations); and
- if the party you called is not on U Mobile WiFi Calling and is
- outside of Malaysia; or
- on a foreign network but roaming in Malaysia
your WiFi Call will be charged as an international call.
- WiFi Calls do not utilize any data quota allocated to you under your U Mobile plan. However, you are responsible for data consumption charges over the WiFi network, if any.
- Emergency Services Number
- Even when you have enabled WiFi Calling, we will try our best to connect any emergency services call that you make (for eg. to 999) through our mobile network (instead of WiFi). This is to ensure that your location can be identified.
- In circumstances where the emergency services call is connected through WiFi Calling (in cases where mobile phone network is not available), you understand that your location will not be automatically identified. In this case, your WiFi Call will be routed to Malaysia’s emergency services (regardless of your actual location).
- You should use WiFi Calling for emergency services call as a last resort.
- U Mobile may change any of these terms and conditions including terminating or suspending WiFi Calling. Any such change will be announced on our website. It is your responsibility to check these terms and conditions on our website.
U Mobile WiFi Calling
Makes every WiFi connection your personal mobile network tower. With U Mobile WiFi Calling, you can now make and receive calls even when there's no mobile coverage.
U Mobile WiFi Calling
Makes every WiFi connection your personal mobile network tower. With U Mobile WiFi Calling, you can now make and receive calls even when you're in a high-rise building.
U Mobile WiFi Calling
Makes every WiFi connection your personal mobile network tower. With U Mobile WiFi Calling, you can now call home from overseas at local rates.
Make calls over WiFi with WiFi Calling
WiFi Calling is a new feature that allows you to make and receive calls over WiFi using your mobile number. It helps you stay connected even when you have limited or no network coverage, and best of all, there’s no additional charge to use this service*!
U Mobile WiFi Calling charges
Calls made over WiFi Calling will use your plan’s minutes where applicable, even when you’re overseas. If you do not have any bundled voice minutes, you’ll be charged the pay-per-use rate. International calls will follow the standard IDD rates.
Available now on iPhone
WiFi Calling is currently available on compatible iPhones with iOS 9.3 or later.
- iPhone 7 Plus
- iPhone 6 Plus
- iPhone 7
- iPhone 6
- iPhone SE
- iPhone 5s
- iPhone 6s Plus
- iPhone 5c
- iPhone 6s
How to enable and use WiFi Calling
Please ensure that you are on iOS9.3 and above.
Go to ‘Settings’.
Tap on ‘General’.
Under the General menu, tap on ‘About’.
Tap the Update button when prompted.
Go back to ‘Settings’.
Tap on ‘Phone’.
Select ‘Wi-Fi Calling’.
Slide the ‘Wi-Fi Calling on This Phone’ to ON.
Tap ‘Enable’ when the Confirmation Message pops up.
Ensure that WiFi is turned ON.
Make sure you are connected to a WiFi access point. If not, go to ‘Settings’ and tap on ‘Wi-Fi’ to slide it ON.
Go back to Home Screen, and you’ll see ‘U Mobile WiFi’ on the top left-side of the screen.
To make an outgoing call, simply dial a number and you’ll be automatically connected using Wifi.
Incoming calls are automatically received through Wifi if you are connected to ‘U Mobile WiFi’.
You can now enjoy WiFi Calling with Android Smartphones
WiFi Calling is currently available on selected compatible Android Smartphones.
Compatible Android Smartphones:
- Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge
Update your Android phone software to the latest version.
Activate the service by SMS wificalling on to 28118.
Tap on Settings and then, tap on WiFi Calling.
Slide ON WiFi Calling.
Select WiFi Preferred to make calls using WiFi Calling.
Turn ON your WiFi.
Connect to an available WiFi Network.
Ensure that WiFi is turned ON and WiFi Calling is ACTIVE.
To make an outgoing call, simply dial a number and you’ll automatically be connected using WiFi Calling.
To receive a call, simply slide the green caller button to the right.