- Online Store
- Internet (Broadband)
- International Roaming
- Nano SIM
- Video Carrier Billing
- U Data Roam 10 and U Data Roam 36
- WiFi Calling - iOS
- Free MOLPoints
- WiFi Calling - Android
- Best IDD 1310
- CPA Service
- Combo Indonesia
- Data Roaming
- Data Backpack Promotion
- Domestic Roaming
- Google Play™
- Free Video + Music Streaming
- LTE 4G
- Events & Promotions
- General Enquiries
- Value Added Services
- U Card
- U Store
When you are connected to the 4G LTE network, your device should display “4G “ or “4G LTE”; while on 3G connections, it should display you “3G”. However, the logo display may also vary between devices. You may refer to the device manufacturer for more information.
4G is the fourth generation mobile network – technically known as Long Term Evolution (LTE) – with speeds faster than 3G.
For information on U Mobile’s 4G LTE coverage area, please log on to www.u.com.my/coverage
In order to enjoy 4G LTE speeds, you will need:
- To have a compatible LTE mobile device (handset or LTE modems)
- To initiate the one-time opt-in by texting LTE ON to 28118 or to attempt to connect to 4G LTE service by enabling LTE on your device.
- To sign up for an eligible rate plan or Internet plan mentioned above
- To be in the U Mobile’s 4G LTE coverage area
- Prepaid Plan: UMI20, UMI25, UMI30, UMI38, UMI50, MB2, MBDay, MBWeek
- Postpaid Plan: U28, P50, P70, Member Plan, U58, U88, U Plus, E58, E88, UD65, UD95, UD135, U Premium, U Platinum, Internet Share Plan 68, i40, i60, i90, i130
- Prepaid and Postpaid Broadband Plan: MB40, MB68, MB88, MB128
- Prepaid and Postpaid Booster Plan
If you are on any of the eligible plans, you will need to either initiate the one-time opt-in by texting LTE ON to 28118 or attempt to connect to 4G LTE service within U Mobile’s 4G LTE coverage area. There is no subscription fee for our 4G LTE service and activation is within 24 hours. A standard charge of 5 sen/SMS is applicable.
To know more about compatible 4G LTE devices, please visit www.u.com.my/promo_lte
No. You will not be required to change your SIM card.
You can enjoy 4G LTE download speeds of up to 75Mbps and average speeds between 10 Mbps to 30Mbps. The actual browsing speed varies depending on your location and device capability, as well as the number of concurrent users at a specific location.
4G LTE and 3G DC HSPA+ are known as 4th Generation Long Term Evolution and 3rd Generation Dual Cell High-Speed Packet Access Plus, respectively. The current U Mobile 4G LTE offers download speeds of up to 75Mbps whereas U Mobile 3G DC HSPA+ offers download speeds of up to 42Mbps. Both technologies enable U Mobile customers to enjoy bandwidth intensive content such as mobile TV, video and music streaming, cloud services and social networking, among others.