- Eligible U Mobile Prepaid, Postpaid and Broadband subscribers are automatically subscribed to Video-Onz with effect from the latest to occur of:
- 28 April 2016;
- activation of your Prepaid, Postpaid or Broadband plan, as the case may be; or
- renewal of your UMI Prepaid plan; or
- renewal of your prepaid Broadband plan; or
- auto-renewal of your Postpaid plan on the first day of your bill cycle; or
- auto-renewal of your postpaid Broadband plan on the first day of your bill cycle.
- With Video-Onz, you may stream Content from and upload Content (for selected Video-Onz partners only) onto our Video-Onz partners’ official websites or mobile apps, up to the allocated Video-Onz data quota.
- Once you have exceeded the Video-Onz data quota, you will be using your rate plan data quota to stream or upload the Content. Content means television shows, television events, movies, clips and other associated content including but not limited to text, graphics, layout, interface, logos, photographs, audio and video materials and stills, optimized for streaming standard definition video quality via our Video-Onz partners’ official websites or mobile apps. The list of our Video-Onz partners is published on our website and may change from time to time.
- The allocated Video-Onz data quota depends on the U Mobile plan that you have subscribed to.
- Any data used for internet or content access (such as advertisements and web analytic tools) other than for Video-Onz will be from your rate plan data quota and not from your Video-Onz data quota.
- Any unutilized Video-Onz data quota will not be carried forward to the following month.
- Video-Onz is not applicable when you are roaming outside of Malaysia. Standard roaming charges apply.
- Some Video-Onz partners may only offer Content via its mobile app and not through web browser and some Content may be excluded by our Video-Onz partners.
- We will endeavor to utilize only your Video-Onz data quota just for Content streaming/uploading. However, there may be instances when your Video-Onz data quota may inadvertently be used even when you are not streaming or uploading the Content or your rate plan data quota may unintentionally be used instead of your Video-Onz data quota. These could occur due to a number of reasons including technical issues such as missed configuration or whitelisting of wrong IP address by third parties or due to our Video-Onz partners changing or updating their IP addresses and URL without giving us sufficient notice to update our system. You acknowledge the possibility of these instances happening and agree not to hold us liable.
- Video-Onz is compatible with internet enabled or mobile devices with certain specifications. If your device is incompatible, you may not be able to access our Video-Onz partners’ websites or mobile app or their Content. It is your responsibility to check such compatibility which may be posted on our Video-Onz partners’ website or mobile app.
- To use Video-Onz, you may be required to register for a personal account on our Video-Onz partners’ website or mobile app.
- Usage of our Video-Onz partners’ website or mobile app and provision of your personal data are subject to such partners’ terms and conditions and privacy policies and are used or provided entirely at your own risk.
- You warrant and represent that you are accessing Video-Onz for personal non-commercial purposes.
- You acknowledge that U Mobile has no control over our Video-Onz partners’ website or mobile app or the provision of Content by our Video-Onz partners. U Mobile does not warrant and in particular does not guarantee the currency, accuracy, authenticity, availability or security of such website, mobile app or the Content, and we disclaim all liability.
- You agree that U Mobile does not generally and is not required to monitor the Content. Despite this, we reserve the right to remove any of our Video-Onz partners’ mobile app or if technically feasible, to bar the Content, at any time if we believe it to be necessary in order to prevent any breach of applicable laws or regulations.
- You may opt out of Video-Onz subscription at any time by sending OFF VIDEOONZ to 28118.
- From 28 April 2016 until 31st December 2017 (Promotion Period), the Video-Onz is provided free of charge by U Mobile. However, during and after the Promotion Period, some of our Video-Onz partners may charge you subscription fee for accessing their services or viewing their Content. Where such fees are applicable, they will be borne by you. The methods of payment and fees may differ among our Video-Onz partners and such information will be available on our Video-Onz partners’ website or mobile app should you wish to subscribe.
- After the Promotion Period, your subscription to Video-Onz will automatically terminate. If you wish to continue, you can do so by sending ON VIDEOONZ to 28118. Subscription will be charged at the published rate notified on our website. This is in addition to any subscription fee chargeable by our Video-Onz partners.
- U Mobile may change any of these terms and conditions including terminating or suspending this Video-Onz and extending the Promotion Period. Any such change will be announced on our website. It is your responsibility to check these terms and conditions on our website.
- To the extent permitted by law, U Mobile excludes all liability in connection with Video-Onz including the Content and your access to our Video-Onz partners’ websites or mobile apps. All Video-Onz subscribers and if the subscribers are below 18 years of age, their parents or guardians, agree to release U Mobile from and indemnify U Mobile against all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury or for loss or damage; whether direct or indirect, special or consequential arising out of your subscription to Video-Onz including the Content and your access to our Video-Onz partners’ websites or mobile apps.
- By subscribing to Video-Onz, you consent for U Mobile to collect, record, hold, store, use and disclose your personal information for purposes which are necessary or related to the subscription of Video-Onz including consent for U Mobile to disclose your personal information to our Video-Onz partners for the purpose of providing the Content to you.
- Video-Onz is provided on an “As Is” basis without any representation or warranties of any kind whether express or implied. U Mobile disclaim and exclude all warranties relating to the content, information, services relating to or in connection with Video-Onz including but not limited to, all warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title, non-infringement, compatibility, security and accuracy. You assume all risks as to the results and performance of Video-Onz.
- We do not own the copyright, trademarks, service marks or other marks shown on our Video-Onz partners’ websites or mobile apps. These marks are owned and registered by their respective owners.
Registration and Usage