"U Special" is a loyalty program that offers special privileges to U Mobile customers, in addition to our normal loyalty offering. By participating in and enjoying the offers under U Special, you are bound by U Special Terms and Conditions as set out below. Eligibility
Excess : RM50 is applicable to benefit 1 & 2 for each and every claim
- Membership of U Special is free and by invitation only. You may be invited if you have an active Postpaid or Prepaid account and maintained a good credit status for a minimum of one year. Active means able to make and receive calls.
- Only individuals may be U Special members. Individuals who have signed up under a corporate scheme but have registered with us under individual names and NRIC are eligible.
- Business customer registered with a business registration number is not eligible.
- When you travel overseas and roam with our partner, you are protected with complimentary travel inconvenience, device protection and hospital allowance benefits from MPI Generali Insurance Berhad ("MPI Generali"). MPI Generali's terms and conditions apply.
- Coverage is for the first 5 days of your travel, which starts from the moment you roam overseas. However, hospital allowance benefits only cover up to 3 days.
- Schedule of Benefits is set out below:
|Description||Loyalty Coverage (RM)|
|1. Device Protection Benefits (maximum 1 claim per activation)|
1.1 Loss or damage to mobile device and SIM card replacement fee due to snatch theft or robbery
*police report is mandatory for this claim
|1.2 Loss or damage to mobile device and SIM card replacement fee due to snatch theft or robbery||200|
|2. Travel inconvenience benefits (applicable only when traveling by air)|
2.1 Loss of baggage (written proof from airport is required)
Pays up to the limit specified, in respect of your personal luggage due to theft or loss of your personal luggage during your journey outside your home territory less excess, deduction for any wear, tear or depreciation or any compensation paid either by the carrier or others
|Up to a max of 200|
2.2 Damage or loss of travel documents (max. limit RM50/item)
Due to loss by robbery or theft *police report is mandatory for this claim
|Up to a max of 500|
|3. Hospital allowance benefits (applicable only during your travel period)|
3.1 Pays a daily allowance for each day you are confined to a registered hospital as an in-patient due to an accident during your trip.
(subject to a minimum of 12 hours)
Max number of days is 3 days (Max payable RM150)
- All requested documents must be provided to facilitate each claim.
- Visit www.u.com.my/rewards/uspecial for more details on the documents required for claim facilitation, details of the policy and terms and conditions.
- Should you have any inquiries on your claim status or need more information, please email MPI Generali Insurance team at inquiry_FI@mpigenerali.com. Alternatively, you may speak to one of MPI Generali Insurance Claim Services team members at 03-20349888 from Monday to Friday (9am to 6pm).
- Coverage period : 26th August 2016 - 31st July 2017
- You may redeem special offers made available by us or our third party participating merchants ("Participating Merchants") from time to time. We call such offers "Surprises".
- Redemption of your Surprises can be performed via the following self-help channels:
- U Mobile Rewards website, at www.u.com.my/rewards/uspecial
- My U Mobile App.
- Terms and conditions of the Surprises offered may vary, so please check the U Mobile Rewards website (www.u.com.my/rewards/uspecial) and My U Mobile App regularly for updates.
- As part of U Surprise, we may also offer to increase your credit limit. This is subject to your confirmation.
- You will be invited to enjoy dining or other special events complimentary of U Mobile.
- You will be entitled to complimentary meals and other benefits on us before you travel overseas.
- Please refer to U Mobile Rewards website (www.u.com.my/rewards/uspecial) and My U Mobile App regularly for updates on these complimentary benefits and the applicable terms and conditions.
- The offers, privileges and benefits under U Special are non-transferable.
- You are required to flash U Special loyalty program flag in MyUmobile App with U Special tagging to enjoy specified discounts or privileges.
- All services and goods made available to members are provided on an as is and as available basis. U Mobile makes no express or implied representations or warranties in relation to the services and goods including but not limited to the satisfactory, fitness for purpose, merchantability, safety legality, title and non-infringement of the services and goods. To the full extent permitted by law, U Mobile disclaims any and all such representations and warranties.
- It is your responsibility to keep your personal details with U Mobile up to date.
- U Mobile's decision on any matter relating to U Special is final and binding on all participants. If any matters arise which are not covered in these Terms and Conditions, they will be determined solely by U Mobile.
- U Mobile may change any of these Terms and Conditions including terminating, suspending or extending any offer periods. Any such change will be announced on our website. It is your responsibility to check these Terms and Conditions on our website and if you do not agree to any of the changes, you must immediately cease participation in U Special.
By participating in U Special, all participants:
- consent for U Mobile to collect, record, hold, store, use and disclose their personal information for purposes which are necessary or related to the participation in U Special; and
- consent for U Mobile to disclose or publish their personal information such as their names and identities and any general information that U Mobile sees fit about the participants in any media, marketing or advertising materials; and
- grant U Mobile the absolute and unrestricted right to modify, use and publish any still or moving images of the participants for any promotional, marketing, commercial or other related purpose, without any payment or compensation.
- To the extent permitted by law, U Mobile excludes all liability in connection with U Special. All participants and if the participants are below 18 years of age, their parents or guardians, agree to release U Mobile from and indemnify U Mobile against all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury or for loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct or indirect, special or consequential arising out of participation in U Special.
- The subscription and use of U Mobile's mobile services are subject to U Mobile's standard service Terms and Condition and where applicable, these Terms and Conditions. In the event of any inconsistency, U Mobile's standard service Terms and Conditions will apply to the extent of such inconsistency.
- U Special and these Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of Malaysia. The participants agree that the Courts of Malaysia have jurisdiction over all matters arising from U Special.