- You can choose to purchase any content or application from Google Play™ (“Content”) with your Android device using your U Mobile postpaid or prepaid account (“U Mobile Account”). We will bill you the amount of your purchase in your monthly postpaid bill or deduct the credit from your prepaid account.
- You warrant that you are authorised to use your U Mobile Account to purchase the Content
Registration and Usage
- You will need to set up a Gmail account before you use Google Play™.
If this is your first purchase on Google Play™, you have to add U Mobile as your preferred payment method by following the steps listed below:
- your device must be on U Mobile network;
- your U Mobile Account must be active. If you are a prepaid user, you must have enough credit in your prepaid account to purchase the Content. “Active” means able to make and receive calls;
- select the Content you wish to purchase and click on “Buy”;
- select U Mobile payment as your preferred payment method; and
- If you have previously registered your debit/credit card as your preferred payment method on Google Play™, you will be required to change your payment method to U Mobile’s payment method. Once U Mobile payment is selected, it will be your default payment method for purchases made on Google Play™ until you change it.
- You may purchase Content using your U Mobile Account when you are overseas only if you have completed the registration in Malaysia according to the steps listed in paragraphs 2.1, 2.2. and 2.3 above before you go abroad.
- We may stop allowing you to buy Content from Google Play™ using your U Mobile Account, for any reason whatsoever, with or without notice including if U Mobile suspects that there is fraudulent or unauthorized use or if our agreement with Google Play™ terminates or for any operational reasons.
- If you port your mobile number to another mobile operator, you will not be able to use your U Mobile Account to buy Content but you remain responsible for all fees and charges incurred before porting out. Refunds are not applicable for mobile numbers that have been ported out of U Mobile.
- The Content is not under our control and we are not responsible for, nor do we endorse or have any involvement in the operation of the Content. If you have any issues with the use of the Content, you are required to directly contact the relevant content provider for assistance. You need to contact Google directly if you have any issues with Google Play™ which is not related to billing.
Charges and Payment
- We do not set the Content prices. Prices for the Content are determined by the content providers or Google (if the Content is provided by Google) and are subject to adjustment or taxes determined by Google.
- If you purchase Content using your U Mobile Account while you are roaming overseas the Content price displayed on Google Play™ may be in the currency of that foreign country but will be converted into Ringgit Malaysia when it is charged to your U Mobile Account based on the exchange rate determined by Google.
- When you buy any Content using your U Mobile Account we will charge the transaction amount and any applicable taxes including goods and services tax (”GST”) to your postpaid bill or deduct your prepaid credit.
- Mobile data charges (including international data roaming charges) will apply when you use browse, purchase, request for refund or download on Google Play™.
- You may purchase Content with an accumulated value of up to RM400.00 per month or if your U Mobile Account is a prepaid account, up to the value of your prepaid credit whichever is lower. This monthly limit refers to your purchases from the first day of the calendar month until the last day of that month. We may change this monthly limit from time to time.
- For recurrent subscription based Content, you will be charged via your U Mobile Account for subscription renewals. You are advised to take note of the renewal frequencies and the cancellation option available at the time of subscription. Cancellation must be done directly with Google in accordance with the relevant cancellation terms.
You may request for refunds for Content purchased:
- within 2 hours from the time of your purchase, by sending the request via Google Play™ by clicking on the refund button option on Google Play™ for the Content purchased; or
- 2 hours after the time your purchase, by contacting Google or the relevant Content provider based on the details provided in the Content purchased.
- Any refund will be subject to the applicable Google terms and refund policy.
- We will only apply a refund or credit your U Mobile Account in relation to a purchase of Content only if directed to do so by Google by crediting the amount into your prepaid account (for prepaid subscribers) or reflecting the refund in your following month’s bill (for postpaid subscribers).
- To the extent permitted by law, U Mobile excludes all liability in connection with use of your U Mobile Account to buy the Content, your purchase of the Content and your access to Google Play™. You, and if you are below 18 years of age, your parents or guardians, agree to release U Mobile from and indemnify U Mobile against all liability (including negligence) for any personal injury or for loss or damage; whether direct or indirect, special or consequential arising from use of your U Mobile Account to buy the Content, your purchase of the Content and your access to Google Play™.
- Google, Google logo, Google Play™ and Android are trademarks of Google Inc. U Mobile does not own the copyright, trademarks, services marks or other marks on Google Play™. These marks are owned and registered by their respective owners.